Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lots to Tell You

We've completed "non-technical" orientation as of today! Our classes on culture and many other things have come to a close. Now I am moving on to "technical" orientation, where I will go through maintenance and flight courses to further sharpen my skills and knowledge as a pilot/mechanic. I'm looking forward to this phase of training, mostly because I haven't touched an airplane in over a year! So I'm getting pretty anxious to start fixing and flying again. During this time Joy doesn't have any formal obligations or classes, but that doesn't mean she won't be busy! She will have her hands full planning the arrival of our little one, completing paperwork, and making lots of phone calls. Seems there is a lot of "behind the scenes" work that needs to happen for us to go overseas!

Last weekend, a few families went out to go hiking. And this weekend, we got the privilege of attending a dedication for the new Kodiak airplane that MAF received. The public was invited to the event, so there were quite a few people here.

Stay tuned for some pictures of the past few weeks, I'll post them up shortly!

No comments: