Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Strutting" Around


Here's what I was up to on Friday. We took the nose strut off the airplane, disassembled and cleaned it, and replaced a bunch of o-rings. The strut works much the same way a shock absorber does on a car...it absorbs shock. And because MAF operates on pretty rough and dirty airstrips all the time, they require a little more TLC and attention. It can be a pretty dirty and and nasty job unless you do it right. In the picture, all I'm really doing is sticking my hand up in the "tunnel" for theatrical effect. I have two more days of maintenance before I start flying on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good pictures and even a little video so you can have a better idea of what we do here and why we do it. The good thing is that I'm learning a lot and it's been a great reveiw for me as well.

No comments: