Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Whistle While You Work

We've had a long day today. We started off catching up on some emails and communications and then met a local pastor for lunch. After that, we got caught up on a lot of thank you's and followup from the meetings we had before Christmas. Printing, folding, writing, mailing, thinking, and licking lots of envelopes! We sat outside while we worked for a little while just because we're glad it's shining so brightly in January!

I thought all oranges came from Florida, but I guess I was wrong! There are a lot around here too. I find the Arizona landscape simple yet interesting. And it's pretty nice here in the winter months, although I'm not sure I'd want to stick around for the summers! They also have a lot of palm trees here. Did you know there are over 200 different kinds of palm? They grow everywhere from tropical rainforests (like where we're going in Congo) to deserts...kind of like Phoenix. You learn something every day I guess!

No comments: