Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Bombs Burst in Air


After the Aquarium, we drove a couple miles up to Fort McHenry where the Star-Spangled Banner was written. We didn't have a whole lot of time to explore and look around, but it was pretty interesting what we did find. There were still a few original cannons there as well as several original buildings and bunkers. This was the first time I had been here in a long time, even though I grew up here. I kind of like history so it's always fun for me to visit places like this that played such a key role in our own American History.

At the end of the day, I also had the privilege of changing the flag from the one we have today with 50 stars and 13 stripes, to one of the original American flags with 13 stars and stripes. It was a fun day!

No comments: