Monday, October 27, 2008

The Right Coast



On Thursday we said goodbye to Portland and hello to Cincinnati, Ohio. My parents live just south of Dayton, so we stayed there overnight, and the next morning we loaded the car and drove the rest of the way to Maryland (my home state). Since then it's been a blur of food, meetings, conferences, and people I haven't seen in years! Today seems to be the "slowest" day we've had in quite a while. We're just trying to catch up with emails and phone calls, and tomorrow (being our day off) we're taking a day trip down to the D.C. area and visit the museums and tourist attractions.

Being here has afforded long overdue visits with family. My nephew, Kaleb, is having a relaxing afternoon lounging in the pool. It seems like he's grown a foot or so since the last time we saw him! His little brother, Samuel, is also growing quite a bit, and even resembles his most handsome Uncle!

Other than that, we've been busy meeting with old friends and relatives that I haven't seen in a long time. We've been sharing our new ministry every night as we're attending my home church's missions conference. This church has been behind me ever since I wanted to be a missionary and have supported that call on my life since I went to college. It's exciting to come back and share with them that I have finally reached that goal. It's fun too because the ministry of MAF is a little different than many other missions in that they use the airplane to further the Gospel. We're speaking in a different church every Sunday for the next few weeks, and have several meetings to go before we head back to Ohio for more meetings and speaking engagements there. Right now we're at 22% of our monthly support goal, and our outgoing fund is at 10%. Pray for our health and safe travel as we continue to visit many churches and individuals. Pray that God will bless the ministry of MAF. Know that we are praying for you all as well, and we think of you often!

No comments: