Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Close, But No Cigar



This past weekend was filled with a little bit of everything: flying, maintenance, cleaning, and fun. I flew a couple days this weekend, focusing mainly on my airwork and takeoffs and landings. I'm trying to keep my 206 skills polished for TE, which is fast approaching. One of Joy's friends was up from California for the weekend, and I got the chance to take her up flying in the 206. On final approach into Vancouver's airport, we come very close to the "Interstate Bridge" as they call it around here. It's the Highway 5 bridge that crosses the Columbia River into Oregon.


Monday I was polishing up on my airwork maneuvers. The weather doesn't usually allow me enough room to practice these maneuvers so I have to take advantage of it when I can. The really exciting part about it is that I have 399.3 flight hours now! Only about 40 minutes left to go! Our MAF application is also in order and will be presented to the board for evaluation. Everything seems to be in order.

No comments: