Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Terrible Two's???

Look at my seashells mommy!
I don't know, maybe Kaitlyn is just the most obedient child ever.  Ok, maybe not the most obedient, but for the most part, I am really enjoying this age--she is so interactive and hilarious!  I love to see her mind go a mile a minute, and it's refreshing sometimes to see the world from her point of view.

Last week we took a day and went to the beach, probably the last time for a while before baby 2 is born and I start work.  We brought some buckets and plastic shovels to play in the sand, and when we arrived Kaitlyn exclaimed, "[Gasp]...I take a HUUUUGE bath!"  We tried our hand at making sand castles, but that didn't last long.  So we spent most of our time collecting seashells and playing in the water.
Kaitlyn telling me the sand is too wet

One of the funnest things about Kaitlyn (at least to me) is that she picks up on things super fast.  You can show her how to do something once and voila, she's got it.  And then she loves to turn around and show me how to do it.  One of the things I told her on the beach was that she should never turn her back on the ocean, and be very careful about the waves.  So every once in a while she would dutifully remind me that I wasn't paying attention..."the waves can hurt you daddy!"



Well, thanks to Kaitlyn, no one drowned, and we found all kinds of neat little shells, and even a whole sand dollar!  We can't wait to go back, although I'm thinking the next time will somehow be a little different!

No comments: