Monday, December 5, 2011

Well, first of all, it's been quite a while.  I apologize for the silence and lack of posting.  Interestingly enough, I left off the last post saying we were pretty sure the new baby was a girl.  Well...I think you know what's coming.  We had decided to have the baby back in the States and our first visit to the doctor included an ultrasound.  Things in Africa are (do I really have to say this?)...a little different than things in America.  Not necessarily bad, just different.  When we had our ultrasound in Africa, it was done in a small room with a single lightbulb and no windows.  It was hard to see the screen, let alone what was on it.  The doctor had said he was pretty confident it was a girl, so we promptly searched the baby girl names and found a few good ones.  Then, we went for our ultrasound in the US, and as soon as the machine turned on and the doppler hit Joy's tummy, the nurse exclaims, "Oh...oh, it's DEFINITELY a boy!"  I looked at Joy, and she looked at me, and we both had the same expression on our faces.  Needless to say, we were surprised and it's back to the drawing board on the baby boy names.  So now I suppose we'll have one of each!

Also, stay tuned for photos and an update on our ministry as I'm sure many of you by now have received our most recent newsletter.

No comments: