Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Sweet Girl

Definitely a Character!
My lack of posts is more due to no photos than nothing going on!  Our good camera broke in Congo and we haven't had the money to get it fixed yet, and our "point and shoot" camera didn't have a battery charger...until yesterday.  I found it out in the garage, underneath a mountain of boxes.  So, it's better than nothing.  I don't know a soul out there who would rather read a bunch of words than look at fun pictures!


Grandma and Joy at dinner
My date
Yesterday we went to the Mission Inn in Riverside to see the beautiful Christmas lights (a California thing since there's no snow).  We had a great time, and it was wonderful weather!  They had concession stands, an ice rink, and even some reindeer.  Kaitlyn was fascinated with the antlers, and when I asked her if she thought it was a boy or a girl, she replied, "No silly, it's a deer!"  I guess she got me there!

Then Grandma took us all out for a Christmas dinner.  I sat next to Kaitlyn; we were on a date!














1 inch screw in the rear tire

This morning I tackled a few things on the car.  I noticed a clicking noise on the freeway about a week ago, and me being a perfectionist, I just had to fix it.  A quick inspection revealed quite a large screw in the rear tire.  Me and Kaitlyn jumped right into action, jacking, removing, repairing, and re-installing the tire.  She was a big help, holding lug nuts, turning on the compressor, and holding onto the tire so I could get the screw out.



After a quick road test, Kaitlyn came in, washed her hands, and jumped right into helping mommy with Christmas cookies!  I couldn't be prouder of my little girl, she's such a big help with everything! And soon, I'm sure she will be all too eager to change baby brother's diapers, give him bottles, and hold him close when he's crying.

Baking cookies, yeah!
Other than Christmas things, I've been keeping busy finishing paperwork (there always seems to be an excess of it), getting our car registered in California, insurance, switching over all of our licenses, and going through our shipment, trying to organize things in a sensible fashion.  After Christmas, it will be a mad dash to the baby boy finish line, starting work for me, and our anniversary on the 28th!

What are you up to?

No comments: