Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Next Step

I've flown Congolese nationals, sick and injured, hundred pound sacks of money, chickens, geese, fish...but never flies.  But now it looks like I'll be adding them to my ever-growing list of passengers as well.  I've accepted a position with a company called Dynamic Aviation, flying the King Air in the L.A. basin.  Dynamic Aviation operates a fleet of King Air 90's, using the sterilized male fly in an effort to control the fruit fly population here in southern California.  These flies devastate fruits and crops, so it's important to control them.  I'll be flying as well as working on the airplanes, so I can keep both skills sharp.

The King Air 90
Other than that, we were able to take a quick trip out to Ohio to visit my family and Joy's brother and his family.  Our shipment finally arrived from Africa after way too many phone calls, customs forms, and emails.  We've got one week left until Christmas, and then hopefully things will slow down for a week or two before baby boy arrives!

     Merry Christmas!  and Happy New Year!!