Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life of Joy

Living a Life of Joy is an every day conscious choice.  It's much easier to do so when things are going well, your day goes as you planned it, and everything works like it should.  Try having the same joy without electricity, water, or even the internet.  I invite you to follow along as Joy shares what her days are like here in Congo.  Many of you get to read and see all the exciting things I am a part of, the struggles and frustrations, and the triumphs of being a missionary pilot.  But that's only half the story.  While I'm out "making a difference" and saving lives, Joy is here, keeping up the house, cooking, cleaning, raising Kaitlyn, going with the flow, etc.  While I get to see many exciting and wildly different places all in one day, Joy is here, in hot, dusty Bunia all day, every day.  While I deal with government officials, broken airplanes in the jungle, and sometimes pushy passengers, Joy puts up with unreliable/nonexistent electricity...I dare you to live one day without electricity.  She deals with water problems, bug problems, house problems, generator problems, and people constantly coming to the gate asking for handouts.  Yet, somehow she manages a smile when I walk in the front door after a long hard day.  Even more than that, she has dinner ready, the batteries charged up, the laundry done.  Unbelievable.  That is where the "rubber meets the road."  Again, I invite you to follow along with her side of the story, and don't forget to ask yourself, "What am I going to choose today?"

No comments: