Monday, July 7, 2008

East Coast Envy

The past few days Joy and I have been in Ohio visiting my family before we head off to MAF. The time so far has been filled with games, movies, jet skis, and grilling. And of course we saw fireworks on the 4th. Yesterday after church, we spent the rest of the day at the lake swimming, eating, and riding jet skis. Most every muscle in my body aches today! But it was a lot of fun, coming from Portland, to soak up some real sun and get wet! I've also gotten to spend some time with my new nephew, Samuel Owen Potts. He's only a couple months old. It's been a while since the whole family was here all at once. We've had a blast! And I've gotten to spend some time with my brother as well. We couldn't have picked colleges that were further apart, me in the Northwest, and him in Virginia. Our visits are few and far between. Tomorrow we head back to Portland for the evening, and then the next morning we're off to MAF for acceptance and orientation.
I also got a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience getting a flight in the Wright B Flyer that my incredibly beautiful and wonderful sister arranged for me.

No comments: