Friday, April 25, 2008

50/50

Looks like my Moody training has paid off...so far! My first week of MAF evaluation was spent in the air, performing various maneuvers, takeoffs and landings, mountain flying, and a "cross country." I was also tested on my aeronautical knowledge with several written exams and an oral exam. At the week's end, I've received the "stamp of approval" from the flight department. It was fun getting to know my instructor/evaluator during our flights, and I felt very comfortable with everything.

While I've been off flying, Joy has helped out in the MAF office wherever she's needed. She has also gotten to meet many of the MAF staff and here lots of stories about serving overseas. We are spending the evenings with long walks, reading, and relaxing in the "Treasure Valley" sunshine.

Next week starts off with a visit to the local "shrink" that will last all day Monday. We have to take a 500-something question test and individually interview with the doctor. The rest of the week will be spent in the shop, for my maintenance evaluation. All is going well so far, and we are encouraged as we go through the process that God is continually affirming His call on our lives. Thanks for the many prayers so far!

No comments: