Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Long Haul==Part I

Ontario, California ===> Tucumcari, New Mexico

We ended up driving both of our cars...one is a 96 Honda Accord, the other is a 93 Toyota Camry. One has air conditioning and no radio, the other has a radio and no air conditioning. My brother and I drew straws for the car we would drive...I got to listen to the radio the whole way. Let me just tell you, it gets REALLY hot in the Mojave Desert! I had a little thermometer in the car that stopped recording at 120 degrees, so I'm not exactly sure how hot it was, but it was almost unbearable. Every time I thought I couldn't stand it anymore, a lonely cloud would form out of nowhere and cover up the sun or the air conditioning would miraculously turn on for 5 minutes of relief. I couldn't help but thank God for those few minutes of relief! We made it safely to our destination for the night around 12:30am and went straight to sleep....

No comments: