Sunday, July 31, 2011

What The...

I was on my way once again to Kipaka with 900 pounds of medical supplies for the hospital, cruising along at 10,500 feet when all of a sudden I heard a strange humming noise.  Hmmm....all the engine instruments are normal, but the sound seems to be getting louder and louder.  I go so far as to even take my helmet off, and then I see it, not 50 feet above me.  I'm dumbstruck with utter disbelief as the ugliest twin engine airplane I've ever seen flies directly overhead.  After a moment of gaining my composure, my next thought is to get a few incriminating photos, but it's too late for that.  I guess even deep in the jungle you have to watch out for other airplanes.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Whew! That was close! fifty feet is not a lot of room! My Aunt, June Stone, served in the Congo as a missionary many years as a nurse. She just graduated to glory this spring. You are doing a great work! Thank you for the news of your field.