Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Preacher Man


Check this out! Never thought I'd see myself here! Pretty interesting though. It kind of tells the story of what we've been up to the past 3 weeks. We've been trying to speak at as many churches as we possibly can while we're in the area. So far, it's worked pretty well, I think we've booked most every Sunday morning and evening service available! It's been really fun to share our ministry with all these folks too. I think I'm finally starting to enjoy speaking in front of people...well, at least I feel more comfortable! We've been working hard at meeting with individuals, and setting up appointments in California and Phoenix for our upcoming trip to the left coast. Our monthly support is still hovering around 30%, but our outgoing fund is picking up the pace a little and that is now at almost 18%. We continue to rely on God for our needs in this area, but I must admit that sometimes it's a little hard to do. Surrendering to God is (as we're finding out) a daily process. A famous preacher once said, "When we start comparing ourselves to all the other boats in the water, we tend to lose sight of the shore." His point was that when we take our eyes off God, we forget what it's all about...what's really important.

On our day off yesterday, I took Joy to Cunningham Falls State Park. We ate a picnic lunch and enjoyed walking a couple miles through the woods. Although most of the trees have shed their leaves, a few colors were still found as Fall hangs on by a thread. I have so many memories tied to so many places here...sometimes it's a little overwhelming, but I've really enjoyed being back in Maryland. On Monday we head back to Ohio, and we'll be there for a couple weeks before flying back to Portland.

Pray for the Congolese people; they've been in the news a lot lately.

No comments: